MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Political Correctness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-04-16, 03:19 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Well it was a random thought. Not sure how I got to that thought now that I try and think back. Smile

Well, it's understandable. There's a difference between "all people are equal" and "all people are the same" and people sometimes lose that distinction.
I don't believe in political corrective stuff, its an ignorant waste of my energy IMO and whoever doesn't like it can go to "somewhere" Wink

But if you believe in it and use it, please keep doing it because it gives me more people to laugh at LOL
(2009-04-17, 04:33 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe in political corrective stuff, its an ignorant waste of my energy IMO and whoever doesn't like it can go to "somewhere" Wink

But if you believe in it and use it, please keep doing it because it gives me more people to laugh at LOL

I wish I had the luxury of being insensitive to everyone around me, but unfortunately I live in a society that doesn't refer to rock music as "baby-killing music".
Eh me neither...
(2009-04-17, 06:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-17, 04:33 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe in political corrective stuff, its an ignorant waste of my energy IMO and whoever doesn't like it can go to "somewhere" Wink

I wish I had the luxury of being insensitive to everyone around me, but unfortunately I live in a society that doesn't refer to rock music as "baby-killing music".
How is it a society? Plus, why does it matter? It's his opinion, and he has just as much of a right to express it as you do, or the next person.
(2009-04-17, 12:30 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]How is it a society?

What? O_o
Sorry, I should have worded that better. What makes you think that it's a society that's like that? That's sort of stupid to make an assumption like that. Like for example, it would be like me saying "Everyone on your site is 12 Brad, because only 12 year olds play with bey blades". Not the best example, but it gets my point acrossWink
Surely being politically correct depends on what party you support Smile

You have to remember that there is no "law" on what you can, and cannot, say in western countries - they have the freedom of speech. It's just been ethical/morally considerate... in most cases, the media picks up on them before they're implemented, so they're never even put into place. In cases of racism, they're mostly thrown out of the court before conviction...

Christmas is a touchy subject, I admit. Christ wasn't even born on the 25th December, christmas trees / presents came from the Germans and Saxons and we stole the 25th date from the Druids. Why anybody can argue it's a religious time I have no idea...

A few I remember is a school in south east England can't be called a school - it's a "Place of Learning". Health and safety wise, a council didn't want to put 5kg christmas decorations on lamp posts in case they fell over... lamp posts that are designed to be impacted by 18tonne lorries at 60mph and force-5 hurricanes...
(2009-04-17, 10:09 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I should have worded that better. What makes you think that it's a society that's like that? That's sort of stupid to make an assumption like that. Like for example, it would be like me saying "Everyone on your site is 12 Brad, because only 12 year olds play with bey blades". Not the best example, but it gets my point acrossWink

Because I've talked to Shawn and he's told me about where he lives, and he's posted about it here?

Quote:Christmas is a touchy subject, I admit. Christ wasn't even born on the 25th December, christmas trees / presents came from the Germans and Saxons and we stole the 25th date from the Druids. Why anybody can argue it's a religious time I have no idea...

I just like the presents and decorating and festivities Big Grin
What people refer to as "baby killing music" around yander is the heavy metal music not rock, the music that is a bunch of screaming and doesn't make sense to them. This is because everyone listens to country because they are raised around it. Its like those folks who listen to that gang banger crap, they dont like country most the time...

I aint ashamed to be a country boy cause if Y2K happened, id be okay. I can fish and hunt, survive in the woods and know plenty of medical and other home remedies to survive. Yall city folks with your technology dependence would be the ones screwed lol..

So dis the boondox all yall want cause it dont bother us none Smile
Pages: 1 2 3