MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Log out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I try and log out this message appears and I stay logged in. What is the problem. How can I fix this?

[attachment=13516]
Reupload ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

Have you been editing it in Notepad??

Also moved to support.
yes i have been editing there. I tried to follow this:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-48277.html

Thanks for the help.
OK, well if you're editing files, use something other than notepad... wordpad, notepad2 and notepad++ are fine, but not normal notepad.
Can i ask why this is? I know it's ever so simple but does it effect something?
(2009-04-15, 07:37 PM)Hapatio Wrote: [ -> ]Can i ask why this is? I know it's ever so simple but does it effect something?
Notepad for some reason inserts weird characters at the beginning of the file before <?php. But there should NOT be anything before <?php in any of the files. The worse thing is that Notepad doesn't even show you that these characters are there.
Plus it doesn't keep the structure or anything, if you open anything with it it's just one long line.
Thanks both!
(2009-04-16, 10:50 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Plus it doesn't keep the structure or anything, if you open anything with it it's just one long line.

That's because it (quite annoyingly) only supports Windows line endings (\r\n) whereas we have used the UNIX line ending format (\n).

In general, don't use notepad for MyBB stuff. Smile