MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change color of links in posts ONLY?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really new to MyBB but I think I'm going to like it

I just installed my forums and have Afresh Midnight as my theme. I would like to change the color of the links (visited and not visited) because the color used is really close to the regular text color and they do not stand out at all.

I thought I found where to do it by going to edit my theme. The 2nd and 3rd style to edit was for a:link and a:visited. I changed those and thought all was good.But it changed the links everywhere on my site. Even in the forum index for the names of the forums and such.

How can I change the link colors only inside the posts themselves?

Thanks so much!
Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Themes > THEME NAME > global.css > Advanced Edit

Scroll down till you find something similar to ".post_content". Once you find this, post back and I'll help you further.
K. I'm there.
Now, below that, add
.post_content a { color: #color_here; }

Change color_here to the color you want. Also, you might need to change .post_content to .postcontent - as I don't remember what it is.
Thanks a ton!

Is that color change for visited or unvisited (or both)?

[EDIT: It worked. And changed it for both. That's better than not being able to notice the links at all. Thanks again!]
If you want it to change on hover, just do:
.post_content a:hover { color: #color_here; }

Glad it workedSmile
Thanks again. Wasn't really looking to change a hover color (it already underlines on hover) but to differentiate between links that have been visited already and ones that have not. But if that's not possible I like where I've gotten it to.

Thanks again for the help! I'm liking MyBB more and more! Heh heh.
Glad your enjoying itSmile This will change it for visited links:
.post_content a:visited { color: #color_here; }