MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Main user table location?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any anyone let me know where the main user table location is? The forum owner and I are not sure we have it in the correct location.

We're having a problem with a register query transferring passwords from one db to another. Emails and usernames are being properly transferred, but not passwords. Everything is being saved to "mybb_users".

Forum link: http://www.centpoker.com/phoenix/Upload/index.php
(I know I know, we should take it out of the phoenix/upload folder. Too much work though.)
Mybb 1.4.2
All the user details including passwords are stored in the mybb_users table, I'm pretty sure they are MD5 encrypted.
If we posted the query would you guys be able to let us know if anything is wrong in it, or how we can get the forums to recognize the passwords?
Can you please explain what you are actually trying to do and why you need the passwords?
When linking to the forums for the first time from the main website, www.centpoker.com, users are instructed to enter what username they want on the forums. The query should take the username, and their password and email from their account on the main site, and transfer it into the forum db. What is happening is the username and emails are getting into the forum db, but not the passwords, which is not letting people log-in to their accounts on the forums. We're trying to fix that issue so that all information is actually recognized by the forum database.
If you insert the md5 hash of the password and leave the salt column blank (when you insert the user into mybb_users), it should work.
(2009-04-16, 01:33 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]If you insert the md5 hash of the password and leave the salt column blank (when you insert the user into mybb_users), it should work.

We'll give that a try and see if it works.
Oh, also for some reason, with the query the accounts are not being shown in the "We currently have ___ members registered" or "Welcome our newest member ___" sections of the forums, yet are in the members list and database. Could this also be an issue?
Tried leaving the salt column blank. Now when creating an account through the query, it says "successfully logged in", but as soon as it refreshes the user is not logged in. Manually typing in the password doesn't work either.

Anymore ideas?
(2009-04-16, 03:48 AM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, also for some reason, with the query the accounts are not being shown in the "We currently have ___ members registered" or "Welcome our newest member ___" sections of the forums, yet are in the members list and database. Could this also be an issue?
This is probably because you do not rebuild the stats cache when you insert the new
// assuming you have included MyBB's global.php
$cache->update_stats();

Quote:Manually typing in the password doesn't work either.
What problem are you getting when you manually type in the password? Password incorrect or you get automatically logged out?
(2009-04-16, 03:53 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-16, 03:48 AM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, also for some reason, with the query the accounts are not being shown in the "We currently have ___ members registered" or "Welcome our newest member ___" sections of the forums, yet are in the members list and database. Could this also be an issue?
This is probably because you do not rebuild the stats cache when you insert the new
// assuming you have included MyBB's global.php
$cache->update_stats();

Quote:Manually typing in the password doesn't work either.
What problem are you getting when you manually type in the password? Password incorrect or you get automatically logged out?
When typing in the password we get Password incorrect.
Can you post the code you're using?

Since this isn't a MyBB problem I'll move this to code modifications.
Pages: 1 2