MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: See Subscribed Threads in Current Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be really convenient if there was a way to see the threads that you are subscribed to in a forum that you're currently browsing.

Also: in the subscribed threads section, there should be a way to sort threads by forum.

Both of these would be a great features, and I would use them quite often.
That might be a good idea to get more viable use out of the subscriptions feature. Perhaps we can have some sort of indicator or highlighting going on? Perhaps a different background color on the threads that are subscribed to.

I don't think something like this could go into MyBB 1.6 though, because rewriting the row background color alternating function would break a lot of plugins.

Ryan
I like the idea of an image indicator.
Yeah. I completely agree with this idea. The only idea I have for a subscribed thread would be to maybe show it in a different box? Or maybe in the same box..but like...

Subscribed Threads
========(seperator)
List of subscribed threads
(seperator)
Important Threads
========(seperator)
Important threads
(seperator)
Normal Threads
========(seperator)
That's a very good idea, it's like pinned topics that you choose yourself. Smile
(2009-04-16, 11:46 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of an image indicator.

I like this - could we not just alter the "dot" folders slightly to incorporate the subscribed thread?
(2009-04-17, 01:44 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-16, 11:46 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of an image indicator.

I like this - could we not just alter the "dot" folders slightly to incorporate the subscribed thread?
It could, but how? We'd need to make it so it's obvious that it's a subscribed thread. Maybe add a little checkmark, or something?
Think of the dot folders - instead of a dot, have like a star or something... the background "page" depends on whether there's a new post or not - if there is, have a blue page, if not, show the white one.
Having another dot icon would be cool. But I think it should have another background color aswell, to seperate it from the rest. And even sort by subscribed threads, or filtering them out from the rest and only showing these threads.
(2009-04-17, 01:45 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add a little checkmark, or something?
Any opinions on this?
Pages: 1 2