MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Suggestions :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-04-16, 09:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4. Add new plugins by Import xml file (include settings var, templates, code...)

I hope mybb never does that. It's a total pain in the lime to write plugins then convert the code to be xml. That's how VB does it now and it sucks imho. The method used for plugins for mybb currently is better imho.
Completely agree with you
Quote:i know there are plugins for some my suggestions, but i want it's included in mybb script, don't need install plugins it's useful for deverloper

Not all plugins need install/activate functions that do anything beyond just activate.

plugin_activate(){ }
plugin_deactivate(){ }

That's all that is needed if you just want to place a hook somewhere. Technically no "install" code. There is the plugin_info() stuff, the hook, the activate/deactivate and the plugin function itself and that's it.
(2009-04-16, 09:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4. Add new plugins by Import xml file (include settings var, templates, code...)

I hope mybb never does that. It's a total pain in the lime to write plugins then convert the code to be xml. That's how VB does it now and it sucks imho. The method used for plugins for mybb currently is better imho.

I agree, I never liked the xml way. It only might be useful for settings/templates, so you wouldn't have to worry about escaping and stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2