MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't find a way to make a group leader to grant access to group membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Obviously I'm an admin,

I've assigned several members of my BB to group leaders for a particular group

I understand that by doing so,now who ever wants to join the group the group leader can give access

that particular group can view some forum that normal user is unable to do so (which is invincible/private forum)

search wiki no answer too... Sad
Give the users group leader permissions in ACP - users and groups - groups - click the options and select group leaders.

The leaders can then manage their groups in User CP - Group memberships.
Ok,

done that but for a normal user that wants to join the group he has to make a Join Requests

how/where does the normal user make a request?
In the same place, User CP > Group Memberships.
Hi, there is 2 options for grp leaders, do I have to check both or just one to allow the grp leaders to approve the grp application? If the grp has additional forum access as compared to the normal registered user, by approving their grp membership application, does that means they will be able to access the additional forums? Thanks.
(2009-05-02, 06:19 AM)lkw888 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, there is 2 options for grp leaders, do I have to check both or just one to allow the grp leaders to approve the grp application?

With the first option, group leaders can add/delete members from the group. With the second option, they can approve join requests. I'd advise to enable both.

(2009-05-02, 06:19 AM)lkw888 Wrote: [ -> ]If the grp has additional forum access as compared to the normal registered user, by approving their grp membership application, does that means they will be able to access the additional forums?

Yes. The group is added to additional groups for the user. He/she may choose to set it as display group from UserCP -> Group Memberships