MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who can view IP's? And admin IP question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to set it to where only Admin's can view IP's? Or where I can select which Mods can view IP's? (Set it as a group permission?)

And I'm new to MyBB, but when I was using IPB in the past I was used to the admin's IP being hidden from other's who could see them. Is that a standard feature or is that possible to hide the IP of admins?
When you edit the group permissions in the ACP there is a tick box for "Can View IP's".
(2009-04-16, 09:24 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]When you edit the group permissions in the ACP there is a tick box for "Can View IP's".

Isn't that tick box just for the "Who's Online" feature? Or does it also cover the IP's on the posts?

Because in the ACP under the "POSTING" section:
Quote:Log Posting IP Addresses
Do you wish to log ip addresses of users who post, and who to you want to show ip addresses to.
Do not log IP
Show to Admins & Mods
Show to all Users

That made me think these were two separate things.
If you tick Can View IP's when editing the group it should show in Who's online and in posts. The POSTING section is where you set wether your forum should log IP's or not.
It's actually very simple to change it so that only admins can see the IP in posts.
In inc/functions_post.php, find:
else if($mybb->settings['logip'] == "hide" && $ismod)
Replace with:
else if($mybb->settings['logip'] == "hide" && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'])

You can use the Group setting to disable WOL IPs being displayed to moderators.