MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another question about thumbnails...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of questions about thumbnails.

1) Is it possible to increase the max thumbnail size? If so, how would I do it.
2) Is there an easy way to regenerate all the thumbnails already on the board?

Thanks.
1. In the settings. But make sure you read point two.

2. Not at the moment, this will be included in RC4, and thumbnails will most likely be stored on the file system..
Sorry Chris, I meant the thumbnail file size and not the pixel resolution. The file size seems to max out at 64KB.
It's got to do with the maximum amount of memory thats been allocated to PHP scripts. The default in PHP is 8mb. MyBB uses around 0.7mb to 1.3mb per execution. When a thumbnail is called the usage spikes because of the thumbnail generation using the GD manipulation functions which is whats breaking this.

It happens differently for different image types and reslutions. I found this page here a lot ofhelp: http://qdig.sourceforge.net/Support/AllowedMemorySize

For example, I'm able to upload a 400kb 800x600 PNG image, but not a 1400x1050 PNG image.

There isn't that much that can be done about this apart from asking your host to edit php.ini and change the maximum amount of memory a script can use.
~ Chris
Chris, thanks for the info.