MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No PM subject needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-04-18, 03:14 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed 100%.
(2009-04-18, 03:14 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]Subjects are completely necessary - they tell you what is in the message. Saying the subject could be false is a moot point - the subject of a thread could be false, too, but we still require it there.

You've never sent or received an e-mail with the subject line "no subject"?
(2009-04-18, 03:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-18, 03:14 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]Subjects are completely necessary - they tell you what is in the message. Saying the subject could be false is a moot point - the subject of a thread could be false, too, but we still require it there.

Most of the emails I receive have a subject. In fact, several of the emails I receive only have subjects and no message.

Besides, considering we can't search for PMs, having no subject would be a mess if you're looking for a specific PM.
(2009-04-18, 03:26 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-18, 03:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

Most of the emails I receive have a subject. In fact, several of the emails I receive only have subjects and no message.

Besides, considering we can't search for PMs, having no subject would be a mess if you're looking for a specific PM.

Including search functionality to PM should be a priority, as well. Just because you personally wouldn't use this functionality doesn't negate its usefulness to many others. Many people send short e-mails with no subject, and I'd like to be able to send a PM with no subject. It could say (no subject) or it could fill in the first few words of the message ... the point is this is a pretty simple thing that should be in there.
(2009-04-18, 03:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Including search functionality to PM should be a priority, as well. Just because you personally wouldn't use this functionality doesn't negate its usefulness to many others. Many people send short e-mails with no subject, and I'd like to be able to send a PM with no subject. It could say (no subject) or it could fill in the first few words of the message ... the point is this is a pretty simple thing that should be in there.

Just like the thousands of other pretty simple things that should be in there? Wink
(2009-04-18, 04:38 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Just like the thousands of other pretty simple things that should be in there? Wink

Yes! Get on those, too!
I believe this no subject PM's is just a form of people getting lazier as the society does. Come on people, just enter some subject, a few words isn't going to hurt. Wink
(2009-04-19, 09:04 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this no subject PM's is just a form of people getting lazier as the society does. Come on people, just enter some subject, a few words isn't going to hurt. Wink

I don't really feel I should have to enter a subject for a single sentence PM :|
can't you just hit the "." or hit a few random keys for a ";laskdjf" sort of subject and then tab to the message then if it's really that big of a deal?
Quote:You've never sent or received an e-mail with the subject line "no subject"?

I don't believe I ever have. Most forum software does require it.

Quote:search functionality to PM should be a priority

Lex just released a 1.4x compatible plugin for this but I would be very happy if it were included.
Pages: 1 2 3 4