MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to set a default post icon and eventually remove "no icon" option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, i want to set a default post icon, but i tried without results.
This is the default option "noicon"
[Image: posticon1.png]
and this is what i want to do
[Image: posticon2j.png]
and eventually if is possible, remove "no icon" option
[Image: posticon3.png]

Can anyone help me?
This has been (sort of) answered before:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-46980.html
I tried to use the link's method, but it doesn't work... :|
There is another way which I find works, not in the same fashion, but it still works.

Templates And Styles > Templates > {Your Theme} > Ungrouped Templates > posticons

Find:
<input type="radio" class="radio" name="icon" value="-1"{$no_icons_checked} />{$lang->no_post_icon}

Replace with:
<input type="radio" class="radio" name="icon" value="17"{$no_icons_checked} />Default (Star)

This will remove the 'No Icon' option and replace it with 'Default (Star)', and if selected it will show the star icon (if you are using the default icon set). You can also change the value="17" number to whatever icon ID you wish to use.
Thanks a lot Scoutie!
Modifing your tut I find also a method to remove the "no icon" text and the radio button, without removing the value.

Templates And Styles > Templates > {Your Theme} > Ungrouped Templates > posticons

Find
<input type="radio" class="radio" name="icon" value="-1"{$no_icons_checked} />{$lang->no_post_icon}

Replace with
<input type="radio" class="radio" name="icon" style="display:none" value="Id of your icon"{$no_icons_checked}/>