MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing a Username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a member in my forum who wants to change his username and I'm probably not doing it right: ACP > Users & Groups > Edit User. When I go to change it, it says that the username isn't registered. Am I doing something wrong? I searched here and people were talking about changing it through PHP, but I'm hoping not to have to go through all of that. I would appreciate your help!
users should be able to change their usernames themselves..

USER CP --> Edit Profile - Change Username
I have it so that they can't.
If you just change the name and make sure that nothing else is changed, and the password fields are empty, it should be fine...
I didn't change anything but the username field and it still says the same thing.

[attachment=13538]
Can you printscreen the whole page showing all the details...?? You can cover up the email address.
Hmm, do you have anything in your disallowed usernames list?? Can't think what is in that name that might be banned but right now that's all I can think of...
Nevermind, I checked in my disallowed usernames list and it had something to do with that! Thank you so much.
Also, if I wanted to ban a username that I didn't want people registering, I would put a * in front of it or behind the said username?