MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can i move my forum to another dir in root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have big problems with many plugins and also i have problem i cant open some forum or subfourm or to any category. also in admin panle i can add forums or category

i have one idea can u help me ?

my forum at the moment is at this dir: www.gsmkosova.com can i install again new forum to this dir for exp: www.gsmkosova.com/mybb and after can i move all members and all posting from my old forum www.gsmkosova.com and after can i delete it?

too many problems i have now after install many plugins.

pls help me for this idea or help me how can i fix all my errors at my forum ?

i dont like to lose my members and all post

i hope from u best team to help me...

im happy here with all u support

sorry in my english!
If you change the cookie settings and board URL setting first, you can move the files and everything will work.

Let me see if I can see the cause of the issue first though, I doubt changing directory will change this. I'll look at your forum in a bit.
thank you very mouch my friend, im happy with u.
i hope at u. all info what u need i can sent to
how can move my old forum to new dir without lose my members and all post ?

any instruction ?
i have change all what u say but now i have many problem in admin panel
can u help me?

please...
If you tell us what your admin panel problems are we can help you. If they are unrelated to the problems from this thread it might be better to start a new thread as well.
now i need every time to enter user name and pass in admin panel.
i cant change cookie settings and board URL setting.

now for every change in admin panle he ask for user and pass.
Your not suppose to have http://www for every cookie setting, that's why you can't stay logged in.
Ok, you should have changed those before your moved the forum.

Anyway, it's not a huge issue, you know how to access PHPMyAdmin with your hosting right?

Well change the cookiepath and bburl values in the settings table to reflect the values of your new location.

Edit: If your problems are being caused by what JonP says then you can change that value without having to log into the ACP by doing what I said above and editing the cookiepath value.
If you edit the database the settings won't take effect unless you delete ./inc/settings.php and let it regenerate, better to edit settings.php direct and then edit them in the ACP again afterwards.
Yeah I just realized that when I was getting an answer in that other thread.