MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade 1.4.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will i have to reload all the plugins i have after this upgrade?

Cheers
From the announcement:

(2009-04-19, 04:40 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]When upgrading from 1.4.4, you will not lose any custom themes, plugins or language packs which you may have installed.

So no, you don't need to reload them. The only thing you may need to do is remake the template changes a plugin makes if a particular template needs to be reverted to default.
(2009-04-19, 11:59 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]From the announcement:

(2009-04-19, 04:40 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]When upgrading from 1.4.4, you will not lose any custom themes, plugins or language packs which you may have installed.

So no, you don't need to reload them. The only thing you may need to do is remake the template changes a plugin makes if a particular template needs to be reverted to default.

Do you mean by the template changes is the links i have put on there ike the addon chat link and my hi stats in the footer?
It depends if those templates need to be reverted. In the announcement, there is a list of templates that have been changed since 1.4.4. You should revert these to default where possible. This may mean that you will lose any customisations you have, so make a note of what they are so you can make them again.
Thank you
Is it possible that if some of us are not sure, or scared of stuffing up, that if we give the tech access to our host control panel this can be done by support staff?

Only asking.

I know that I like the forum the way it is and have now gained a large membership base, with to much to loose if something goes wrong.

By the way.. when is MYBB 1.5.0 coming out?

Geoff
(2009-04-19, 12:42 PM)geoff Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that if some of us are not sure, or scared of stuffing up, that if we give the tech access to our host control panel this can be done by support staff?

Only asking.

I know that I like the forum the way it is and have now gained a large membership base, with to much to loose if something goes wrong.

Our staff are usually way to busy to do direct service outside of these forums. You should be fine.

As always take backups before you run the upgrade and then run the upgrade. If something fails then you can easily restore.

Ryan