MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Syndication and Twitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched these forums but couldn't find any info on this so far, so here's what I would like to know.

Our fansite has a Twitter site and we are using Twitterfeed to update the Twitter site automatically when we update our main site and forums with new content. In order to have our new forum threads appear on the Twitter site we have Twitterfeed read the MyBB RSS feed, which works perfectly.

Here's our problem though. At this point Twitterfeed only updates the Twitter site when we write new threads or post new content on the main site. We'd like it very much if Twitter was updated as soon as new posts were made to a thread, which doesn't require us to write new threads all the time.

I was wondering if there is a mod to do this? Basically the mod would have to be able to do something like this:

1. Check a selected group of forums for any new posts made to threads.
  2. Add these new posts to the RSS feed, so Twitterfeed reads it and updates the Twitter site with the new content.
I know MyBB doesn't support this by itself, so I was hoping that there would be somebody who could steer me in the right direction to get this working.