MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replace PM recipient comma with semi-colon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed older versions of MyBB accepted commas in usernames. It'll be a pain to tell everyone that your username has changed, etc. Why not separate the usernames by semi-colons instead?
I think this is a good idea. I think it will also look better.
(2009-04-19, 08:58 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed older versions of MyBB accepted commas in usernames. It'll be a pain to tell everyone that your username has changed, etc. Why not separate the usernames by semi-colons instead?

And how many people do you know that have commas in their usernames? Maybe only a few members out of like 20,000.

Besides, it's already too late - 1.4.5 removed commas from usernames so the bug wouldn't persist and they've been blocked from use since 1.4.
I had 3 out of 30,000 at HF. Not a big deal imho if it's going to prevent bugs.
This is pointless, i don't see many people with commas in their usernames.
(2009-04-19, 09:34 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, it's already too late - 1.4.5 removed commas from usernames so the bug wouldn't persist and they've been blocked from use since 1.4.

I knew that. This was just a suggestion, and suggestions don't hurt. Wink
I like ; instead of , since semi-colons are simply used more often to separate data.