MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Import Theme Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I upload a new theme, importing the xml file I get the following error:

The following errors were encountered:

Upload failed. Please try again.Error details:
PHP returned: Missing a temporary folder. Please contact your forum administrator with this error.
Make sure that ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777.

If they are, if memory serves me correct, you need to ask your host about this.
They are both CHMOD 777, Why do I need to ask my host?
(2009-04-19, 09:36 PM)coffeecash Wrote: [ -> ]Why do I need to ask my host?

This...

Quote:PHP returned: Missing a temporary folder. Please contact your forum administrator with this error.

... sounds host related. It says it's missing a temporary folder. I think the last few times people have had this error it's been the host.
(2009-04-19, 09:36 PM)coffeecash Wrote: [ -> ]They are both CHMOD 777, Why do I need to ask my host?

Because it's an issue with your host. PHP uses a temporary folder to store things being uploaded through your browser, runs any checks it needs to on the file, then it moves it to where the script requests it to be stored.

Because something messed up on your hosts end, now php can't follow its normal procedures and it is giving an error.

Ryan
OK! What should I ask my host?
Tell them what you told us and make sure they see the error.
ok i will ask them!
My host says that I have to upload the theme via ftp and install it that way?
My hosting didnt know?
Well, as Ryan has said that the host is the cause, then the host will be the cause, and they'll need to fix it. It's giving that error because something is wrong with the configuration, you shouldn't have to do this via FTP or any other way to get around their misconfigurations. If the server was setup correctly, you'd be able to do it via the ACP as you should.
What is your host, anyways?
Pages: 1 2 3