MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ability to upload smilie image from Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would be cool if I was adding a smilie, I could upload it from the Admin CP rather than having to FTP it to the server first.
True dat.
I agree.
Also good for admins that don't have ftp access ;]
(adding to my post before) this will make it a lot simpler than having to upload them via FTP - especially for people who are somewhat new to FTP but are still an admin on a forum(don't laugh, I've seen it happenConfused)
Oh but uploading through FTP is so much easier Confused. Especially when you got 10+ smilies. Might be good if you don't have ftp access however.
No one said anything about getting rid of FTP uploading. Wink
(2009-04-20, 11:19 AM)bobbit Wrote: [ -> ]No one said anything about getting rid of FTP uploading. Wink

Exactly. Obviously for mass smilies it's easier to use FTP, but today I wanted to add just one and it was a bit annoying.
(2009-04-20, 11:19 AM)bobbit Wrote: [ -> ]No one said anything about getting rid of FTP uploading. Wink

I think that would be pretty impossible anyways so Smile
(2009-04-20, 11:09 AM)CraKteR Wrote: [ -> ]Oh but uploading through FTP is so much easier Confused. Especially when you got 10+ smilies. Might be good if you don't have ftp access however.
Maybe make it so we can add fields, so that we can add multiple smilies at once?

I know, and we don't need to - since it's kind've impossible unless a host doesn't support it; but any good host supports FTP uploading.

(2009-04-20, 11:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly. Obviously for mass smilies it's easier to use FTP, but today I wanted to add just one and it was a bit annoying.
Yeah it is. It does get quite annoying to have to add smilies through FTP, especially since most of the management I do on my friends forums is through the Admin CP - and I usually don't have FTP access.
Pages: 1 2