MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade file permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

For security reasons, I set ..\inc\config.php to a file permission that was Read/Execute only after I upgraded last time to 1.4.4. All was fine and cool, but stupidaly, when I then upgraded to 1.4.5, I forgot to reset the file permissions of ..\inc\config.php to either 777 or 666. Doh! Now, question is, all appears fine and upgrade apparently worked 100%. I can't find any errors at all now it's "upgraded", but should I be concerned that my config.php was not writable on this upgrade? If so, what's the best way to resolve any possible presently unforeseen issues?
Didn't need to be writeable, only ever needs to be written to when you install. Apart from that, only needs to be read. Once you've installed, you can set it to 444 and forget about it Smile
Wicked - ta muchly. Smile
Actually sometimes it needs to be writable during the upgrade, but the upgrade script makes sure it's writable before it tries to make any changes to it.

It wasn't needed to change in 1.4.5 nor most maintenance releases.

Ryan