MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Promotions via Reputation (1.4.5 issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

I upgraded to 1.4.5 after setting up 1.4.4 just the other day. I had group promotions working fine for posting and reputation until I upgraded to 1.4.5. Now the reputation promotions are being ignored.

Posting promotions still work.
Here is the promotion log from yesterday, as you can see it works. SrJulie was promoted via posts during my tests of this issue tonight. Lalwende was promoted via reputation yesterday when it was still working, prior to upgrading to 1.4.5

doombuggie41 Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
SrJulie Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Otellino Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
subject666 Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Nykus79 Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Kondor Primary Guild Initiate Guild Member 04-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Gnome Primary Guild Initiate Guild Member 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
LenaMarie Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
wjingle Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Deepfreeze Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Myuutsu Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-20-2009, 12:23 AM
crxer Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Brasilian Engineer Primary Guild Initiate Guild Member 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Test User Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
oxocube Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Lalwende Primary Guild Member Guild Master 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Gnome Primary New Arrival Guild Initiate 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Does anybody have any idea what might have changed to stop it working ?
The order of the input fields was slightly changed for 1.4.5... in 1.4.4 you would enter the value you wanted for rep, posts, and then time registered, now it's posts, rep, and time registered... not sure if this would make a difference to pre-existing promotions but make sure that the correct values are in the correct place.
On the off chance it might make difference, I went a head and remade the rule again from scratch. All values where correct (see below) but still no joy. Nobody from that group has been promoted all day based on their reputation. Not since I upgraded.

These are the settings i use.

Promotion Requirements = reputation
Reputation Count => 25

Original User Group = Guild initiate (custom group that the user is promoted to from new arrivals (formly called registered group))

New User Group = Guild member (custom group)

User Group Change Type = primary

Enabled? = yes
Logging = Yes
OK, make sure the task is enabled, it's set to run regularly, and the code to trigger tasks is inside your footer template. Should be something like {$task_image} with a comment around it.
All are set correctly and this is the footer code for text in the "DEFAULT" theme which I am currently using.

<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}

I am getting reports that people have awarded others reputation points yesterday and are unable to do so today but i have no details on that yet, could be a time zone issue that might clear up today.

Edit: Post based promotions are definitely still working.
So solutions found, no tips working, reputations no longer function on my website in 1.4.5.

Will post an update when they do work again.
I just tested, seemed to be OK. It didn't work when I was logged in with my account but when I logged in with the account to be affected, I ran the task manually in the ACP, refreshed the forum page, the group had changed, so it does at least work with reps... try it like I did, make sure that user is online and clicking around when you try it.