MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fast way to delete users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've check the names, and there are no emails. My email even shows up there by default.
(2009-04-21, 04:43 PM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the problem. Just tested it and now I cannot logout. I'm also able to login with the cookie path set at .www.centpoker.com.

Even in the ACP I can see that the accounts are there, but do not have an email address.

please change your cookie domain to just .centpoker.com
(2009-04-21, 05:01 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]please change your cookie domain to just .centpoker.com
That fixes nothing and only creates another problem. The board operates fine with .www.centpoker.com as the cookie domain. This isn't an issue with that.
Oh yeah, does show up by default, I have it turned off on mine, but unless you've edited core files, you can't register without an email address.

And it is an issue with the cookies if people aren't logging in properly...
(2009-04-21, 05:04 PM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-21, 05:01 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]please change your cookie domain to just .centpoker.com
That fixes nothing and only creates another problem. The board operates fine with .www.centpoker.com as the cookie domain. This isn't an issue with that.

I think I know what I am talking about. Cookie domains won't work properly (your users will find issues like not being able to login in/log out/other issues) if you don't set them properly. .centpoker.com or centpoker.com is the correct way to use your cookie domain.
Ryan is right, you can't put www. there ...
(2009-04-21, 05:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, does show up by default, I have it turned off on mine, but unless you've edited core files, you can't register without an email address.

And it is an issue with the cookies if people aren't logging in properly...

No core files where changed. Accounts are being created, but the emails and passwords are not being recognized. They are being put into mybb_users, but not recognized by the forums.

(2009-04-16, 01:31 AM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]When linking to the forums for the first time from the main website, www.centpoker.com, users are instructed to enter what username they want on the forums. The query should take the username, and their password and email from their account on the main site, and transfer it into the forum db. What is happening is the username and emails are getting into the forum db, but not the passwords, which is not letting people log-in to their accounts on the forums. We're trying to fix that issue so that all information is actually recognized by the forum database.

(2009-04-21, 05:07 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-21, 05:04 PM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]

I think I know what I am talking about. Cookie domains won't work properly (your users will find issues like not being able to login in/log out/other issues) if you don't set them properly. .centpoker.com or centpoker.com is the correct way to use your cookie domain.

I know you know what you're talking about, but I also know what I am talking about. THIS IS NOT A COOKIE ISSUE!

My account and others that show emails are able to login and logout fine with the cookie path at .www.centpoker.com. We where instructed to do this a little bit ago on these boards when we where having a login issue, and changing it to .www.centpoker.com fixed our cookie issue.

The problem we are having is entirely different.
Like I linked in a post in this thread, users are creating an account through a query we have setup. Their user information is being transfered from our site's main database to the mybb database, with the exception of them being able to pick a forum username. The username is recognized, but the email and passwords will not show. By redirecting back to the main site, then back to the forums, the forums will recognize them and they're logged in automatically, but if they try to login manually, their passwords will not work. When requesting a new password, their emails are shown to not be on the boards, which I have confirmed to be true.

If someone wants, IM me or PM me and I can explain the issue in more detail by supplying an account on the site.
aim = godrejectsthee
Quote:users are creating an account through a query we have setup. Their user information is being transfered from our site's main database to the mybb database, with the exception of them being able to pick a forum username.

Would have been clearer to say that in this thread rather than reply on us to read it in another thread.

I'm going to go ahead and bet there's something wrong with this process, then...
(2009-04-21, 05:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:users are creating an account through a query we have setup. Their user information is being transfered from our site's main database to the mybb database, with the exception of them being able to pick a forum username.

Would have been clearer to say that in this thread rather than reply on us to read it in another thread.

I'm going to go ahead and bet there's something wrong with this process, then...
Probably wouldn't have been a problem if the thread wasn't moved to a section with little to no traffic.

We've come to the conclusion that something is wrong with the process, but everything is correct and it works on another myBB 1.4.2 board with no issues. That's why I wanted to know if there was a faster way to delete accounts, because those 2300+ accounts with no emails and passwords need to be deleted.
(2009-04-21, 05:27 PM)Demented Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-21, 05:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably wouldn't have been a problem if the thread wasn't moved to a section with little to no traffic.

probably wouldn't have been a problem if you'd given this detail in this thread where it should have been
Pages: 1 2 3