MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Bug About User Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i updated my forum to myBB 1.4.5
What ive seen is there's a problem about the forum permssions when i set guest permission/check/mark to View Board.

Yes they can view board but cannot see if there are threads.
All they see is nothing just a - sign at the index.

So what kind of problem is this?
Make sure for the usergroup, the "Can view threads?" option is ticked under the Forums and Permissions tab.

Also, for the forum in question, check the permissions for this usergroup - if you've chosen to manually set the permissions, choose "Edit Permissions" by their checkboxes, and make sure the "Can view threads within forum?" option is ticked too...
(2009-04-21, 08:01 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure for the usergroup, the "Can view threads?" option is ticked under the Forums and Permissions tab.

Also, for the forum in question, check the permissions for this usergroup - if you've chosen to manually set the permissions, choose "Edit Permissions" by their checkboxes, and make sure the "Can view threads within forum?" option is ticked too...

I dont want them to see the thread i just want them to see the board like they see the thread titles but cant access it.

Like 1.4.4
So give them access to the forum but not the ability to read the threads.
The Question is How?
In the forum permissions... tick the option to view the forum, deny them access to view the threads within the forum.
@Stein: since 1.4.5 you can't view the thread titles in the forum list, if "Can view threads within forum?" ist set to "no"

It's not a bug, it's intended:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-43658.html
Ah, now that makes sense. Knew something was a bit wrong with that, that clears it up.
Well its kinda complicated now.
But 1.4.4 its a little ok for now.