MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What CMS do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MediaWiki.
(2009-04-21, 01:10 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I just make use of MyBB's Portal.

I've done this before, with some simple code modifications the Portal can be turned into a full CMS.
Oh. can you help me with the code? as then i can use forum category's as the section like Mods, Blog etc.
when in doubt you can always use a CSS template, www.freecsstemplates.org
I'm "just" using MyBB and the portal modification. Wink
(2009-04-21, 04:21 PM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]when in doubt you can always use a CSS template, www.freecsstemplates.org

But fct is only good to show those who either one have

no coding knowledge
or have no time.

best to learn the hard code.
I use my own custom developed CMS. There's not a CMS out there that does the job for me and that I can easily understand. It's really crappy, and it was developed just for RCTLounge. I'm developing one right now that's based off of the MVC (Model View Controller) and Singleton concepts. It's already more powerful than my current one! Toungue
well i will be looking for tutorial, on CMS so i can make mine like mybbnet. if you get me.
(2009-04-22, 01:15 AM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]I use my own custom developed CMS. There's not a CMS out there that does the job for me and that I can easily understand.

Same here... it's a pain! I've developed one with MyBB as a backend just for ease of use and it's what I want(!). To get an idea of what it's like, imagine Invisionize but for MyBB... Shy
(2009-04-21, 04:10 PM)mojopanel Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. can you help me with the code? as then i can use forum category's as the section like Mods, Blog etc.

My way was different, I simply hard coded new pages and added a Products System so I can add new products via the Admin CP.

Then added a new option to my assigned News forum that allows me to decide whether or not to display that new thread on the Portal feed or not.
Pages: 1 2 3