MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have 1.4.4 i want 1.4.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
How to install 1.4.5 when i have 1.4.4 installed?
Whats installation steps to convert from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5

Also please give me link for shoutbox embedded in forum.User post must be displayed in shoutbox.

Thanks
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-48484.html
[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Should be all you need for upgrading.

As for the shoutbox, look on the Mods site, there's about 5 shoutboxes.
Just a suggestion for us non geeks that don't have hours to read all the posts and are trying to carefully follow instructions.....

The link really doesn't tell how to upgrade precisely but refers to http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading

OK upgrading to 1.4 or higher so assume skip step 1.

That leads to 2 which says to upload into upload folder.

I assume this is not a major upgrade? since still 1.4 so skip 3
Skip 4
5 Have to go change all the CHMODs

etc... but then I read on another thread "for upgrading from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 you only need to use the changed files package"

OK ... I see no reference in the instructions to a changed file package. Or does this just come up when you select the correct version in step 6... confused.

Than I see some other good directions like You can upload them in 1-click upload and extract to your forum root. Huh? how does this tie into the install folder directions. Or is that the install folder?

I am one that likes to follow precise directions and do it right the first time. Probably I should just follow as best I can and pray... Probably I am making it more complicated that it needs to be....

I just suggest that for dummies like me there might be a specific "How to upgrade from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5" maybe there is ,but I haven't had time to read hundreds of posts that seem to be about the upgrade.

I love MyBB vs other forums that I have used.... I know its a bit complex for us dummies, just think it would be helpful for more direct instructions just for this update than try to follow a more universal update instructions.
(2009-04-23, 05:33 AM)davephx Wrote: [ -> ]Probably I am making it more complicated that it needs to be....

Ding ding. Your post gave me a headache. Just follow the instructions; they're fairly precise.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-484...#pid339322

It has nothing to do with being a "geek", and the insinuation that those of us who are actually competent at administrating our boards are "geeks" is somewhat insulting. Maybe you shouldn't administrate a board if you can't figure out how to install the software?
You simply upload the changed file package, making sure they overwrite the current files, and then go to ./install/upgrade.php, all there is to it Smile
You shouldn't need to CHMOD anything when you upgrade. Just upload the files (you don't even need to upload every file; you just need to upload the changed files), run the install/upgrade.php script, and you're done.