MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Data Insertation Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I've got an error on the installing. I think it's a permission error on my server, but not possitive.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'nodseden_ge'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_attachtypes'
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_attachtypes (atid, name, mimetype, extension, maxsize, icon) VALUES (1, 'ZIP File', 'application/zip', 'zip', 1024, 'images/attachtypes/zip.gif');
It says the mysql user does not have permission to entered/insert any new information into the database. You need to change your user permission for mysql. You should be able to do it in phpmyadmin or however you access your database stuff.
I think that your user account doesn't have permission to use the "INSERT" command. I would contact your host and see if that command has been disallowed.
(2009-04-22, 06:59 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think that your user account doesn't have permission to use the "INSERT" command. I would contact your host and see if that command has been disallowed.

I would find it very odd for a hosting provider to not allow the use of the INSERT command.
If you're with a host that makes you create a database user and give it permissions (cPanel, for example) it would be a case of giving that user more permissions, but if the user is created for you, it is indeed weird that such a command would be blocked...