MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Admin panel error?? Active Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my admin panel(Dashboard) it says 65 Active Users. but on my front page(Forum index) it says 35? I'm not sure if I'm not understanding how that's set up or not. I'm also not sure if this is a bug but seems odd to me.

Regards
The forum index doesn't display "active users" unless you have a plugin or modification.
At this forum it says 97 users active in the past 15 minutes, that's the area I'm referring too Ryan. That number is different than the one I see in my admin panel. Like I said, I may be confused here because I don't know how that works, it just seemed like the two are the same but didn't read the same. Sorry about the confusion, I'm confused myself here Undecided
(2009-04-22, 02:11 AM)hemi Wrote: [ -> ]At this forum it says 97 users active in the past 15 minutes, that's the area I'm referring too Ryan. That number is different than the one I see in my admin panel. Like I said, I may be confused here because I don't know how that works, it just seemed like the two are the same but didn't read the same. Sorry about the confusion, I'm confused myself here Undecided

Active users is those who visited within the last 24 hours. "Who's online" is those who are currently online within the last x minutes.
"Who Was Online Today" said 498 users in the last 24 hours, however, I have the "Who's online" set for every 60 minutes and that said 35 on my forum index. It said 65 in my admin panel. Maybe these 2 aren't reading the same amount of people at the same time? They are keeping different times/counts?

EDIT: Just took these screenshots
The WOL is how many people are physically viewing the forum at that given moment, members and guests, the ACP number is how many registered people have posted.
(2009-04-22, 09:33 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The WOL is how many people are physically viewing the forum at that given moment, members and guests, the ACP number is how many registered people have posted.

I didn't know this before Matt. Thanks for explaining. The wording may need to be changed however in the ACP to better descibe its function possibly, just a thought. Kinda deceptive on the meaning. Toungue

Thanks again Matt and sorry for the false bug report.

Regards
(2009-04-22, 09:33 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]the ACP number is how many registered people have posted.

Um, no.

// Get the number of active users today
$query = $db->simple_select("users", "COUNT(uid) AS activeusers", "lastvisit > '$timecut'");
$activeusers = my_number_format($db->fetch_field($query, "activeusers"));

admin/modules/home/index.php

Either way, they're two different values and this report is bogus.
Oh yeah, I always get that mixed up.