MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request:Parsed Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone create a mod that would allow the forum to (when posting) store the already-parsed-messages, and then when viewing, display that message instead of parsing the text again.

basically, create another field in the table, so the raw unparsed code is only pulled up when editing, and when viewing, the parsed code will be displayed instead.

i just switched from IPB 1.3, and my members are noticing the lag, and the only difference i can see is that IPB never parses the messages everytime a page is pulled up. i think this sort of mod would improve the runtime.
Well, isnt that what 'Quick Reply' is for?
He means how the text is stored in the database.

One problem I can forsee if that you are going to need double the space for the parsed HTML (slightly more since it's HTML). Not sure if it will decrease efficiency of the whole posts table. Because it's got to store it and keep it with the other records. So in cases where SELECT * FROM mybb_posts is done, it will retrieve the post X 2 so to speak.

It should be doable...