MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TF2Forum - Team Fortress 2 Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TF2Forum (http://www.TF2Forum.com) is a forum dedicated to Valve's hit game ''Team Fortress 2''. I just started the forum, but I already have some nice and contributing members so I'm happy so far. I'm planning on changing the header pretty soon because I'm not 100% happy with it but it's fine for now I guess.

Any other comments on the design or the site?

By the way, I'm very pleased with how easy MyBB works.. it's so much better than phpBB or SMF imo.
Nice site, but I was hoping to see a theme more about TF2.
Yeah, in the future I'll probably hire a designer and let him make a great custom TF2 template. But for now.. this has to do Wink.
Hehe, Doobie (a member of this forum) redesigned it.. how do you like it now Smile?
I like the shadows added to the logo image, but the shadow is cut off at the right end. The read / unread icons look too similar imho, I'd remove the inner TF2 logo part from the unread / locked ones. The background image on the top right looks more than Garrys Mod than TF2, sure it's a TF2 character but still I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'd probably have used some in game action shots, possibly from one of the new design (alpine) maps. The granary shot on the left looks a bit deserted.

But all in all, compared to what you had before, it really looks like a TF2 forum now.

I wish you luck with it... there's some heavy competition with TF2 forums, since there's an official forum on Steam, as well as several forums hosted by TF2 leagues etc., and they have huge user bases because they're, well, either selling the game or organizing big leagues / ladders...
I like the theme.. really nice.. Smile
That is a very nice looking theme. Congrats on the new site. Good name too.
Very nice theme! I love playing TF2 Big Grin

NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE
It really looks great, awesome design. A+.
(2009-04-27, 06:13 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]I like the shadows added to the logo image, but the shadow is cut off at the right end. The read / unread icons look too similar imho, I'd remove the inner TF2 logo part from the unread / locked ones. The background image on the top right looks more than Garrys Mod than TF2, sure it's a TF2 character but still I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'd probably have used some in game action shots, possibly from one of the new design (alpine) maps. The granary shot on the left looks a bit deserted.

But all in all, compared to what you had before, it really looks like a TF2 forum now.

I wish you luck with it... there's some heavy competition with TF2 forums, since there's an official forum on Steam, as well as several forums hosted by TF2 leagues etc., and they have huge user bases because they're, well, either selling the game or organizing big leagues / ladders...

- The read / unread icons: Well they do look the same but you can still cleary see the difference between ''Topic contains new posts'' or ''Topic doesn't contain new posts''. But yeah, perhaps I'll remove the inner TF2 logo for the unread logo.. that's a nice idea.

- I don't really care if the top right image is from Garry's Mod.. I like how the spy looks Smile.

- The granary does look kinda deserted, I might change that later.

Overal I like the way it looks, but perhaps you're right about the read/unread stuff.

And about the rough competition, that's true. But I'm planning on hosting some competitions myself later on, so lets hope that will attract some members.

Oh and:

(2009-04-27, 08:59 PM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice theme! I love playing TF2 Big Grin

Join my forum then Big Grin

(2009-04-27, 06:32 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That is a very nice looking theme. Congrats on the new site. Good name too.

Thanks, I hope one day TF2Forum will be just as big as your awesome hackforum Wink.
Pages: 1 2