MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Catch-all new thread and new post notification email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

As the subject says, I'd like to have a functionality where a notification for every new thread and new post in an entire forum is sent to some email. My workaround right now is to create a special user with email address that forwards anything sent to it to a group of people. While that user can subscribe to all threads in the forum, it can not subscribe to all posts in the forum.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I would write a small plugin (hoping that appropriate hook is available) but really don't have much time right now.
You can only subscribe to new posts if you post in the thread, you can't subscribe to every thread that egts made automatically without a plugin. If that's what you need, I'll move this.
Yeah, that's the functionality I need and it's sad that MyBB lacks it. At my workplace, they use vBulletin, and it has functionality where each forum can have its own catch-all email notification address, which would also apply to all of its subforums.

Not saying anything, but maybe MyBB might consider adding this functionality? It seems pretty standard. Writing a plugin is nice but it wouldn't be maintained as well as the main release, and the quality wouldn't be the same...