MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MODs viewing IP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dont want the moderators to see the IP of the posts in the forum. i tried few things in ACP but didnt help
Only way I know to do this is by removing the "IP Address: Logged" for all users (including administrators), that sound okay to you?
how do i go about that>?
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *Expand your template set* --> Post Bit Templates --> Post Bit Templates --> postbit
Find and remove:
{$post['iplogged']}
Isn't there also a setting somewhere for who can view IPs??
I think that's only for in the who's online page.

But actually. You should be able to do it via:
Admin CP --> Forums & Posts --> *Select "Moderators" for the forum you don't want moderators to see IP addresses in, so all forums if you don't want them to see IP addresses at all* --> Edit --> Untick 'Can view IPs?'

So I'm not entirely sure how it would work for Super moderators.
Maybe I am missing something..
Oh, I was thinking of 'Log Posting IP Addresses' in 'Posting', but that's either all users, none, or mods and admins, so I think your way is the only way...
Or a code modification in inc/functions_post.php:

Find:
                        else if($mybb->settings['logip'] == "hide" && $ismod)
Replace with:
                        else if($mybb->settings['logip'] == "hide" && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'])
Isn't there a way in the Moderator Permissions that says 'Can view IP addresses'?