MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make an Http request when the user changes something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a really weird setup here. My forum is on forum.mysite.com, and hosted with a shared hoster. My site (mysite.com) is hosted on Google App Engine (which only supports Python and Java, and no MySQL) and is written with Python.
All the data about my users are stored in the database on forum.mysite.com. To get that data, I make a request when they first come to mysite.com, then storing it in a database on mysite.com, and I'm making an Http request after every page load to keep the info up-to-date (I've got a page on forum.mysite.com that gives all the info about the currently logged in user that I make the request to). However, that's causing problems now.
I noticed that it would be easier if, whenever there is a new registration or whenever a user makes a change to their account, forum.mysite.com makes a request to mysite.com, passing along the new/changed data.
I don't know PHP that well (I used for about 2 months before switching to Python), so does anyone know how to write a plugin for MyBB that performs the above functions?

Thanks in advance. Big Grin
Anyone?
I'm working on this myself now, but I can't find a way to make an Http Request (I'm on a shared server, and having trouble installing extensions).

Anyone know a shared-hoster friendly way to make an Http Request in php?
Never mind, found it myself; use fopen(URL)