MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Expanded groups system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/expand-the-groups-system
Quote:I believe that the groups system should be expanded and made more of a major part of the forums than it currently is.

Part One: Roles within a Group
=====
So, for example, you would have the staff usergroup.
Within this staff usergroup you would have certain roles, such as graphics staff and modifications staff - these different roles would yield different permissions but would all be within the Staff Usergroup.

Part Two: Group messages/discussion
=====
Using the staff group example again, say the leader of the staff group wishes to send a notice about a staff meeting to everyone in the group. There would be a facility for them to do this - probably through the PM system.

Part Three: Group information
=====
At the moment when you go onto the "group memberships" page all you see is the name of the group and the user title.
I think it would be much better if it listed the groups you were in, and when clicking on the name of the group you were sent to a "splash" page for that group.
On this page you would be able to see past messages sent to all of the members of the group, the roles that exist within the group, a description of what the group is, etc... - basically a profile page for the group.

=====

Overall, I think if these ideas were adapted into myBB the groups system would be a lot more flexible and powerful than it currently is.

I just thought I might as well post this here too because it's likely to get more viewing Smile
Sorry if I am not allowed to do this, but I think this would really make the groups system a lot more powerful.

~DC.
1. Pointless. You'd still have to manage them the same way as usergroups anyways.
2. I guess it could be handy, but there are very rare occasions when there are to many staff members to CC a message to. Private forums can already accomplish this.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these, but they're not really necessary IMO.