MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need your opinion on this page I made
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there, I'm thinking this can go here since it isn't a review of an entire site, just one page. But since it's geared towards forum users/owners, I'd like your opinions on it.

Here's a picure of it. I just finished it then, and wanted to know a few things:
  • Is it clear enough?
  • Do you understand roughly what it does, and how you can use it?
  • Does it flow well or is it all over the place
Any other opinions would be fantastic. I'd be grateful for any feedback since it'll help me a lot.

Thanks Smile
I don't know excatly what the plugin does but the page looks pretty straight forward.
Well that's not too good especially since the page is meant to more or less tell you what it does/how it works Big Grin

I'll have to work on the wording a bit.
This resig mod must be a big feature for yall to register a website of its own for it :p
This app isn't getting to me; you install this on your forum just so you can have one universal signature image? If this is correct, then won't every forum you visit require this software to be installed?
@Shawn: It is, since I hope to expand it to other software later on, I just chose MyBB to start with since I know it a lot better.

@Scoutie, unfortunately it is Sad I don't want it that way, but it's the most secure way I can think of. I could simply make a script to log you in, and alter it that way, but I don't want to store your user/pass for each forum, and it could get messy.

Most top forum software have a relatively easy way to add plugins (and we'd help with that). I figure if enough people are using it they could make a quick request on the forums they use to have it added.

And lastly, not so much an image, but any normal signature text, including links etc Smile.

Thanks for the feedback
Concept is good... I think it would go far.

Remember though, provide plugins for each forum system you support. For example, a MyBB plugin will let users have their MyBB signature at IPB, vB, punBB, and an IPB plugin will let you have their IPB signature at MyBB. vB, punBB etc. etc... if you get what I mean...
Okay, yeah I guess there really isn't any other way to do it.
Thanks Tomm. I do eventually plan to provide ones for each software once I can find someone to help. It's mostly just a way to get adoption up quickly without people trying to write their own api wrapper classes Toungue
So am I right in thinking this is like Gravatar, changing it in one place changes it everywhere??
Pages: 1 2