MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I faced some problems with my Admin CP. It shows nothing there.
I have attached the screenshot of it.
Please help.
Thank you.

[attachment=13614]
Make sure your inc/languages/*yourlanguage*/admin and contents are uploaded. Reupload them.
(2009-04-24, 02:47 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your inc/languages/*yourlanguage*/admin and contents are uploaded. Reupload them.

Thanks. I have tried to reupload the files but the files couldn't get there.
I have to change the permission of ./inc/languages/english/admin/ to 777 so that the files can be uploaded.
According to http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files at Optional Changes, the permission should be set at 666 for extra functionality.
But once I changed to 666 all the files gone again.
How should I do?
Thanks.
Files disappeared?

Not sure why that would be happening.. Maybe ask your host about that.

But you only need to CHMOD your language files to 666 if you want to edit them from the Admin CP, for normal functionality you don't need to CHMOD the files. Smile
That means if I just leave it as 777 will that be fine?
Sorry because I am very new in this thing.
Big Grin
Thanks a lot.
Just upload the files, you shouldn't need to apply any CHMOD attributes to them. Smile
Alright then.
Thank you very much. Smile
I also have this problem.

Just installed mybb and have to cmod the /english/admin folder to 777

Is this ok left like this? Because if I cmod the folder to anything else the problem appears again.

Any advice would be great.
It shouldn't be too much of an isse to be 777 but also shouldn't be necessary to have it like that for it to work. Doesn't 755 work??
Yes seems to work on 755 too Smile