MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQLite DATA install error for Mybb BUG !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! I'm Chinese! I can't speak a lot English.... so
I want talk this BUG
There are three Bugs for mybb-1.4.x
/mybb/Install/***.db
/mybb/***.db
/mybb/admin/***.db
All can creat DB files!
and The latter two is 0 byte file.
------------------------------------
我的意思就是用install安装sqlite的时候,不能填写数据库路径,只能命名。然后会在/mybb/install/目录下会创建一个导入创建数据的DB,而/mybb/和/mybb/admin下也会创建一个0字节DB,这时前台和admin都会错误。
只有把install目录下的DB复制并覆盖掉其他两个文件后才能正常访问。然而他们各自独立。。不能拥有一个统一数据的数据库路径

解决办法就是希望程序拥有一个确定的数据库唯一指定路径!

It's a BUG! Yes! Right! OK! Well .. Mum... I I'll be watching this!Cool

------------------------------------
PS:Rockets refueling! Dikembe Mutombo, we will miss you!
I can't see what the bug is.. Confused

If you mean someone could run them, they don't work unless they are used in conjunction with the installer.
Me neither... qlan, could you try and be clearer on what you think is wrong??
Procedures do not have a clear path to the database specified!
I still don't get what you mean...

Do you mean that when those files are run they don't connect to the DB and drop the tables?

Edit:
I translated the chinese in his first post, this is what he said:
Quote:What I mean is install with the installation of sqlite, the database can not fill in the path can only be named. And then in / mybb / install / directory will create a data import to create the DB, and / mybb / and / mybb / admin may also create a 0 byte DB, then the error will be front and admin.
Only the install directory to copy the DB and the other two documents cover off to normal after the visit. However, they separate. . Can not have a unified database of data path

Solution is to program a database to determine the only designated trails!
I mean is the process by three database!
They are independent!
The 'config.php' have problems !
DatabaseDIR is not the only?!
I use SQLite go to install , and see this BUG!

Do You Know ?
Did you specify a relative path for the database file on installation?

Usually you should specify an absolute path e.g. /var/www/localhost/mysql.db, and ideally this path should be outside of your htdocs / html directory so the database can't be just downloaded by anyone.
Yes! I know this. But don't use a relative path in the install go to setup. Will be prompted to error.
I have to say is that this issue.

Oh!My God.....Who can understand my means.........

(2009-04-24, 09:33 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Did you specify a relative path for the database file on installation?

Usually you should specify an absolute path e.g. /var/www/localhost/mysql.db, and ideally this path should be outside of your htdocs / html directory so the database can't be just downloaded by anyone.
The folder where you want to store the database file in has to be writeable by the webserver. Chmod it to 777 before you enter the installation process and chmod it back to 755 after the installation.
If your installing SQLite, you need to use an absolute path to where you want your database file to be installed, not relative.
Pages: 1 2