MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change PMs postbit template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi boys,
I've created a new template for my forum and so I've customized it a lot. I've created also a new vertical postbit it works perfectly in the threads but when I read a PM the postbit changes positon because it's too large.

So I found the template for the PM postbit but I saw that the system adds it with this function:

{$message}

My question is: What is the file/template that I have to edit in order to change the function and insert my own template?

Thanks! Big Grin
Can't you use the classic postbit that comes with MyBB...??
Big Grin I don't like so much the default vertical postbit template, so I decided to create a personalized postbit. Toungue
It is very great and I spent many hours on it, so is there a way to modify that function?

Thanks! Big Grin Wink
Well it'd need some code modifications to tell it to use a different template, not really sure why you couldn't edit the postbit_classic with your custom template, it'll make things a lot easier.
Yes, I've edited the postbit_classic template but if I edit it to stay in the PM table it is to small to stay in the Post table. Do you understand?
So I think that the only possible solution is to change the code in order to set another template for the PMs.

Wink
Can you help me?

EDIT: I resolved. I edited postbit template to adapt it at the PMs but it was a very little difference, just 10/15px.

Wink