MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: logout key?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I determine the logout key for each user?
What do you man by "logout key"?
In the logout link it says &logoutkey=

i need to figure out what that is for the users on my forum.
You mean this: <a href="member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->index_logout}</a> |

in: index_logoutlink ????????????
EDIT: I finally realize what this is used for.... (LOL)

If you want to force a user to log out, which is what you might be doing see this plugin: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/admin-can-...s-any-user (it can be used to force log out as well.)

Otherwise, you could veiw your database, which I'm sure has the logout key stored in it.
{$mybb->user['logoutkey']}

yeah the part that gets filled in there is what i'm looking for, but I have no idea where I can find it, I've checked the obvious tables in the database, sessions, and users and haven't found it there.

And I'm not looking to force log out a user. I have forum accounts linked to my main website and so I'm providing a little "Not you?" link which if they choose it will log them out - obviously though I can't do that without the logout key.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I think you would somehow have to invoke {$mybb->user['logoutkey']} <--- your logout key.

although I don't know how.....
I looked for what that calls, and honastly, can't find it.....
Yeah, I'm wondering if they used some kind of encryption of the session id or somtehing to determine the logout key, because I see no where that it calls that either.

Does anyone else know about this?
./inc/class_session.php:163:		$mybb->user['logoutkey'] = md5($mybb->user['loginkey']);
Awesome! Thanks so much, seeing that it was just the md5 of the login key made it so simple to make it work with my website now.
hmmmm... never would ave seen or thought of that. Interesting. Just the Md5......