MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a site before.
I couldn't access it before, but now I can.
When I couldn't access it, I used to use an anonymization service to access it. (http://anonymouse.org)
Now, I ask you, Could they have seen/gotten my password when I logged in?
Also, can passwords (mine) be derived from Cookies?
hey

well it they only have a shortcut to your site, then no!! and i think that's what they have.

for the second question !! i guess no

regards
Marc O' Connor Wrote:I had a site before.
I couldn't access it before, but now I can.
When I couldn't access it, I used to use an anonymization service to access it. (http://anonymouse.org)
Now, I ask you, Could they have seen/gotten my password when I logged in?
Also, can passwords (mine) be derived from Cookies?

Well if you posted the form to their server (where they redirect it to the board), then yes they can see your password as the form posting goes through their server. (I'm not exactly sure how their anonymouse works)

Also, from PR2, the login cookie stores a login key that is unique to your user. So no, your password is not stored in the cookie.
That's a releif, thanks.
UPDATE: I installed mambo with my DirectAdmin/FTP details with it.
Any chance they could hack my site and forum?
If you send your info through other people's servers, then it is possible that they can record that information, and use it to hack, etc. But then you have to take into account their Privacy Policy as well:
Quote:# General
Anonymouse exists to protect your privacy. The people at Anonymouse are committed to protecting your privacy. No information on the legal use of this server by any user is sold, given, traded, or intentionally released in any way.

# Logfiles
Anonymouse doesn't keep records of accesses to the site. Usage-logs will be only created by technical problems and are immediately destroyed after removal of the technical problem.

# Emails
Email addresses, names and other information of people who contact Anonymouse will be removed after our reply. We will not use this information for anything other than the reply.

# Advertising
Anonymouse works with third parties that serve ads to this site. To find out more about how these third parties manage the privacy of information in conjunction with serving ads on this site please visit their websites.