MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Atttachmet Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you add ftp upload?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1606]
I think thats a great idea. Im having problems with files that are around 20 mb . It would be great to ftp upload files and having a database for them.

Kris
Kris75 Wrote:I think thats a great idea. Im having problems with files that are around 20 mb . It would be great to ftp upload files and having a database for them.

Kris
When you upload with a PHP Script, FTP or Not, it uploads first to the Webserver, mostly /tmp. If you Upload to a FTP with a PHP Script, the File is first uploaded to the Webserver and after that, the Webserver transfer the File to the FTP Server. So you have the same Limitations as with Direct Upload with PHP.
Kris75 Wrote:I think thats a great idea. Im having problems with files that are around 20 mb . It would be great to ftp upload files and having a database for them.

Kris
The problem you are having is related to the server. Ask your hosting company about it.
DrPoodle Wrote:

Kris
The problem you are having is related to the server. Ask your hosting company about it.

What would i need to ask them about?
Kris75 Wrote:What would i need to ask them about?

Ask them about changing the file "php.ini", spcifically the variables "upload_max_filesize" and "post_max_size".
Ill do that, thanks for the help Smile