MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting 1.2 theme to 1.4 series [questions]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a little late on this, I am sure, but every so often , i have to roll back and catch up on anything i might have missed out on , while being busy on other things.

I wanted to know if there are any issues, a theme made for 1.2 series that needs to be addressed prior to or during importing the theme to 1.4 series, other than checking the ignore box selection for version compatibility?

i been having trouble getting the images to appear on one theme, i used to have, and it doesnt seem to work no matter what???

any advice would be appreciated.
(2009-04-25, 09:04 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]I am a little late on this, I am sure, but every so often , i have to roll back and catch up on anything i might have missed out on , while being busy on other things.

I wanted to know if there are any issues, a theme made for 1.2 series that needs to be addressed prior to or during importing the theme to 1.4 series, other than checking the ignore box selection for version compatibility?

i been having trouble getting the images to appear on one theme, i used to have, and it doesnt seem to work no matter what???

any advice would be appreciated.

Have you ran the find updated templates? A few of my 1.2 themes i recall having to run that because of this. Part of the problem *i think* related to the loss of a column ( Author was combined with Thread title ) in forum display. Also the use of seo which 1.4 has is probably the main problem which again means running the find updated templates and updating or doing it manually if you have custom themes. Basically the addy has changed.
yeah, i found the updated templates, and clicked the magic button, i got alot of rows of them needing either to be individually copied, n pasted into being updated each, or i need to revert them to original

with as many as i got, i am wondering how many years it would take?

isnt there a magic button that would do every one of the templates the same, rather than each one on each template individually?

I remember Harry we both had the same issues along time ago with the same type of theme.

what a coincidence, i had completely forgotten. thanks Harry.

it is the same theme, I want to update , and try to bring back and restore.

marc o conner's gloss 1.2

if you got a original copy of it updated to 1.4 series... I'd sure love to get a copy of it!

and i also , haven made any real changes like i had to my themes since 1.2

i noticed the css, areas are not the same... and i havent seen a tutorial on the css in version 144 series.
so , if theres one out there, throw me a bone or a link if u can...
Thanks a Mundo, Harry .

as always. buddy! Smile thanks.