MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE forumbit alignment problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every now and then someone will post a topic and the topic title will simply not show up when using Internet Explorer. It works fine when using Firefox.

I attached an image to better demonstrate the problem. The topic in question is 'So I'm at the Post Office'. I was wondering if anybody else has ran in to this problem and if so, how did they fix it? Smile

[attachment=13630]
Well, it looks as if the 'author' column is missing sometimes in IE, but by default it isn't set out like that, you've put the author into it's own column so maybe something isn't quite right with it. I think there's a tutorial on how to do it somewhere, you probably followed that to do it, makes sure you've followed all the steps.

Oh, and that's a very nice way of presenting screenshots by the way Toungue
Mybe a validation test will help you find the error. Try the W3C Markup Validation Service . I know I found a few errors I wasn't aware and after the correction process, all theme/template "bugs" disappeared and, as a side benefit, my site loads a lot quicker now.
(2009-04-25, 10:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it looks as if the 'author' column is missing sometimes in IE, but by default it isn't set out like that, you've put the author into it's own column so maybe something isn't quite right with it. I think there's a tutorial on how to do it somewhere, you probably followed that to do it, makes sure you've followed all the steps.

I figured it out. It's a problem with the 'Thread preview tooltip' plugin (link).

If there's quotes anywhere in the first few characters of the first post it screws up the formatting.