MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB use PEAR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just wondering if MyBB uses PEAR, nothing else.
Nope. Wink
I wouldn't think so because it is all original coding.
So all it uses is just plain MySQL and PHP?
Pretty much yha.

Why do you ask?
Eh, I'm trying to develop a simple News script for my website, that just uses some of the MyBB user information and some other stuff. It's not going to be a plugin, just uses the Database of MyBB.

I'm using this book right now called "Learning PHP and MySQL, 2nd ed.", and it's going to make us use PEAR for the whole book. And I'm not so quite fond of it right now because it doesn't seem like every host has PEAR installed (I'm not sure if mine does).
(2009-04-26, 04:05 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't think so because it is all original coding.

Not true. They use some library code like the javascript stuff.

But mybb doesn't use Pear which I also find annoying.

Try Cake imho it's better. http://cakephp.org/
Eh, I'll try making system.

Another question: since MyBB is GNU/GPL compliant, am I allowed to use the source code as a base for my script.

It's not going to be an out right copy of MyBB, just use some of it as a model (ex. the structure of the code).
(2009-04-26, 01:29 PM)Xadrieth Wrote: [ -> ]Another question: since MyBB is GNU/GPL compliant, am I allowed to use the source code as a base for my script.

It's not going to be an out right copy of MyBB, just use some of it as a model (ex. the structure of the code).

Yes you can take MyBB and modify/add to it. If you decide to release your end product though, you'll need to leave the original copyrights intact.
(2009-04-26, 06:49 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-26, 04:05 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't think so because it is all original coding.

Not true. They use some library code like the javascript stuff.

I believe we only use Prototype, scriptacoulous, and the PHP Pear Differential Library.
Pages: 1 2