MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator powers, and other questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I've just converted to myBB, and wow! I can't believe I've been running phpBB for so long, this truely is the free version of vBulletin!

I've got a few questions/problems though:

1. I have some moderators, in the 'moderator' group, however they are not able to edit/delete/move other users' posts - how do I fix this?
(EDIT: I've worked out how to make users mods of 1 forum, but when I try to allow them to moderate more forums I get an error Rolleyes )

2. Some users are complaining that they have to sign in each time they view a forum - do you guys have any idea why?

3. Is it possible to make it so that users with, say, 5 posts are automatically able to view a forum when they reach 5 posts?

Thanks, I appreciate your support,
MiniG
hey there,

congrate for ur new forum

1- regarding the moderators permissions!! i think u should set them as super mods so that they can delete/move others post, or edit the admin/forumpermissions.php admin/forums.php admin/usergroups.php

pls post the error u're getting here, so we can what it is.

2- about the sec problem , well do u have a masked domain ?

3- i dont thinl so.

Many regards
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply Smile.

Is there any other way to allow mods to moderate more than one forum without setting them as super moderators? I would like it so that they are only able to mod 2 or 3 forums if possible. The error that I'm getting says that I can't make them a moderator because they already moderate a forum.

What do you mean by a masked domain? I'm using a subdomain on my website if that helps...

Thanks,
MiniG
about the mod problem thing I had the same problem see this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3725

This many Toungue
minig Wrote:Hey,

I've just converted to myBB, and wow! I can't believe I've been running phpBB for so long, this truely is the free version of vBulletin!

I've got a few questions/problems though:

1. I have some moderators, in the 'moderator' group, however they are not able to edit/delete/move other users' posts - how do I fix this?
(EDIT: I've worked out how to make users mods of 1 forum, but when I try to allow them to moderate more forums I get an error Rolleyes )
In PR2, moderators can only move threads to other forums they moderate, but this has been changed for 1.0 release to allow moderators to move threads to any forum.
minig Wrote:2. Some users are complaining that they have to sign in each time they view a forum - do you guys have any idea why?
Check your cookie domain and cookie path settings. If you have a link to your forum, that would help.
minig Wrote:3. Is it possible to make it so that users with, say, 5 posts are automatically able to view a forum when they reach 5 posts?

Thanks, I appreciate your support,
MiniG

It's not possible without modification.
Simulationcity Wrote:about the mod problem thing I had the same problem see this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3725

This many Toungue
Thanks, woooo it works Smile

@Danny T, thanks, I will check the cookie path...
EDIT: Hmmmmm OK, I've checked the cookie path, and users still seem to be having the same problem

The forum URL is www.forum.minig.co.uk

Thanks guys
well i had this trouble when i had a masked domain !!

means it's a i had a redirected domain to my free one, with masking the domain ! which keep the free hosting url hidden and only shows the the one u used to be redirected,

anyway regarding ur site, are u redirecting a page to another inside u domain ! i mean to ur subdomain ?? are u using any kind of redirection?

best regards
Ok try these cookie settings:
Cookie domain: .forum.minig.co.uk
Cookie path: /
Thanks, I'll let you know if it works Smile
I've just checked, and people are still having this problem...
Pages: 1 2