MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: If I "EDIT" a post I get this message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[I'm using MyBB1.4.4]

When I try a full edit of a post I get an error message saying "address not found". It can't find "yoursite" and when I look at the URL it tried to go to it was : http://yoursite/MyBB/thread-36-post-44.html#pid44

My site address is OxfordTalk.com.

I can preview it. And I can Quick Edit. But if I try to FULL EDIT it, I get that message BUT....it actually performs the edit I just realized.

Anyone know my issue?
Do you delete a number of documents?
or your sever don't have some modules...
and or It's your RP problems! HAHA
Can you search your files to see where the text "yoursite" is coming from? (Start with editpost.php). Also check your Board URL setting to make sure it's set correctly although I am pretty sure it is.
(2009-04-27, 02:13 AM)qlan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you delete a number of documents?
or your sever don't have some modules...
and or It's your RP problems! HAHA
I've not deleted anything and I think I've edited something before as FULL edit. But not sure. But no clue what "RP" stands for.
(2009-04-27, 03:29 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Can you search your files to see where the text "yoursite" is coming from? (Start with editpost.php). Also check your Board URL setting to make sure it's set correctly although I am pretty sure it is.
To do that do I just go through each file on my server one by one, huh? Okay. I looked in editpost.php, no luck. I'll go through the rest (ugh!)

Also, using SEF URL's and the canonize plugin. Took that plugin off and the site still gave the same issue.
=====================
AHA! I found it in my .htaccess file.

RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://yoursite/MyBB/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

Do I just delete this?
Well you'll need to figure out which modification added that line, because I don't think that line is default in MyBB.
I had tried to install the Google SEO plugin at one point. It had some additions to the .htaccess file. But I couldn't get it working right. I thought I had deleted it. But looking back through, there is a lot of Google SEO stuff still in there.

I need to try to do it again. But I fixed this error by just changing "yoursite/MyBB" with oxfordtalk.com.

Thanks for the help.
That line is required for the Google SEO plugin, because Google SEO changes URLs, whereas MyBB itself always just assumes it's own URLs and adds parameters using "?param=x" or "&param=x" depending on it's own URL settings, so for Google SEO URLs it can build an URL like "somepage&param=x&otherparam=y". That Rewrite lines translates those back to "somepage?param=x&otherparam=y".

This line isn't automatically added by Google SEO (my plugin doesn't modify any files by itself), this has to be done by the user, and of course the user is expected to replace yoursite/yourmybb with the actual site name here. Smile

I'm very sorry that this caused you trouble.

On the other hand it's strange that this caused you trouble when you're not even using SEO URLs as this rule should only match broken URLs. I'll try to reproduce this in my local forum.