MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post buttons, Quick reply not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just noticed for some reason i have no post button's or quick reply box just making a theme all i have touched is some css and the header/ footer template's. Any idea's whats up with this?

[Image: 9j.jpg]

EDIT: What none of the developer's of MyBB wanna shed some light on this? it happens even with the default theme so it isn't nothing i have done..Guaranteed.
You do realise we need to eat, sleep, work etc so if we can't reply within a few hours it's usually because we're doing something else Wink

Make sure that the quick reply is turned on in your settings and double check the code is in your templates.
The settings Matt is referring to are usergroup settings - edit the usergroup, and go to "Forums and Posts" tab - at the bottom will be "Can edit own posts?". Make sure this is ticked.

With templates, open Post Bit Templates => postbit_edit. Make sure there's content in here. If there is, then open the postbit template itself, and check "{$post['button_edit']}" exists - it's near the bottom of this template.
(2009-04-27, 09:36 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You do realise we need to eat, sleep, work etc so if we can't reply within a few hours it's usually because we're doing something else Wink

Make sure that the quick reply is turned on in your settings and double check the code is in your templates.

5 Hour's is plenty of time specially when developers have seen this post and ignored it, thank's it is turned on and has been since day 1 i've never turned it off.

(2009-04-27, 10:18 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]The settings Matt is referring to are usergroup settings - edit the usergroup, and go to "Forums and Posts" tab - at the bottom will be "Can edit own posts?". Make sure this is ticked.

With templates, open Post Bit Templates => postbit_edit. Make sure there's content in here. If there is, then open the postbit template itself, and check "{$post['button_edit']}" exists - it's near the bottom of this template.

Yea everything is ticked and has the correct coding i have never touched any permission setting's and like i said in my post above all i edited was the header/ footer and added some CSS.

But anyway scrap this if you like for some reason they would not show for hour's but have appeared now god know's why.
Glad it's sorted itself out - you could check the Admin Log to see if some other admin has made a change to a setting that could have effected this.

(2009-04-27, 11:17 AM)Doobie Wrote: [ -> ]5 Hour's is plenty of time specially when developers have seen this post and ignored it...

Everyone on the MyBB Team are volunteers, so we answer threads as quickly as we can. Personally I pretty much read everything in here, but I might not reply to every thread I read - doesn't mean I've ignored it... Rolleyes ... 5 hours is a pretty good response time for any support team IMO.
(2009-04-27, 11:26 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Glad it's sorted itself out - you could check the Admin Log to see if some other admin has made a change to a setting that could have effected this.

(2009-04-27, 11:17 AM)Doobie Wrote: [ -> ]5 Hour's is plenty of time specially when developers have seen this post and ignored it...

Everyone on the MyBB Team are volunteers, so we answer threads as quickly as we can. Personally I pretty much read everything in here, but I might not reply to every thread I read - doesn't mean I've ignored it... Rolleyes ... 5 hours is a pretty good response time for any support team IMO.

Sorry i didn't mean to sound ungrateful i just thought i would have had a reply sooner then 5hour's seeing as developers had seen the post.

And i am the only admin and have never touched any setting's in the ACP i have no need for them i just edit template's and css.