MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spam emails from new members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, recently our forum has been getting new members or bots?? signing up and they send emails to the other members

This is the email and others are similar:

Quote: Hello,
My name is Laura, i saw your profile here in www.kidney-friends.net and became interested in you, i will also like to know more about you, i want you to reply my mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am and tell you more things about me. Here is my email address ([email protected]) i believe we can start from here so am waiting for your reply to my email address above. Remember that distance or tribe does not matter but love matters a lot in life.
Yours new found friend,
Laura.
[email protected]

So I was wondering if there is a way to stop new members from sending out emails to everyone until they have made a certain amount of posts or is there another way to stop them from sending emails for a certain time after signing up?

There have been numerous of those spammers or whatever you want to call them sending these emails out. It is starting to get annoying.

Is there anything we can do to try and stop this? Any other suggestions? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Try this plugin
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/restricted...ages-1.0.2
This Plug-in will restrict the use of sending private message if they have under set number of posts.

I have not used it but maybe it is what you are looking for.
Thank you, I will give it a try.