MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some users can not post because of "activation"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Some of our users signup, but can not seem to post on ANY forums. They receive this error:
[Image: 2zxtglw.jpg]

Yet we don't require them to activate their account at all! Here is proof in our admin:
[Image: 23utn6b.jpg]

So I try to debug some users, by looking up their username in admin and seeing their status. Here is what I see:
[Image: 2ecq23q.jpg]

My question is: In our admin we set registrations to "Instant activation" yet when SOME users signup, they cannot post and their user status is "Awaiting activation". How can you be awaiting activation when our forum is set to instant activation? Our forum is practically no good like this.

Our forum: http://gazup.com/forums/

Test accounts can be provided if necessary.

Thanks
OK, first off, make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666, then try just saving the User Registration and Profile settings, and see if a new user is put into the registered group or awaiting activation group when the register.
Hello,

It is correct chmod I'm pretty sure. If I manually move them into the activated group, its still not fixing the actual problem as a whole, but will work. The problem is its only some users who signup, not all. I've never been able to replicate this error but members have kindly given me their user/pass combination and I can confirm its a problem.

I tried setting all forums and category permissions to allow awaiting activation to post, but the admin never saves the checkboxes when I reload the page -- so perhaps it is another chmod problem as such; I'm not sure. Either way that's still not fixing the problem.

We have 66 awaiting activation members.
If some go to registered and some go to awaiting activation, there may be something else going on... what plugins have you installed??
We have no plugins. Do you want me to PM you my admin password?
Do you allow these user groups to post threads , replies etc ??
(2009-04-28, 10:33 AM)jello Wrote: [ -> ]We have no plugins. Do you want me to PM you my admin password?

Sure, I'll have a look Smile