MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB index question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I have question about myBB home page index.

I'm using a sub-domain "forum.mywebsite.com" as my primary domain in hostgator. What I want is visitor will directly go to "forum.mywebsite.com" as the main index of my forum but I noticed that on the installation instruction I need to create a visible directory "forum" where I will put all the content of the upload folder. Does it mean that visitors need to add "forum.mywebsite.com/forum" for them to be able to go to the main forum?

I need clarification on this one. Thanks!
not at all, users will directly go to main index of your forum using www.forum.mywebsite.com URL
thanks ghazal!

Hmm actually this is my 1st time to upload a files in a web host. I put the content of the "Upload" in a "forum" folder and then upload it in public_html.

Am I doing this right?

Thanks again!
I'm not 100% sure how this works but don't you just put the files in the /forum/ folder and then make that folder the document root of forum.mywebsite.com ??
Matt, That's what I did. Is that? So what's the right process?
The right process is the same what Matt is saying. Just pur your forum files to /forum/ folder and then after installing set the cookies path to the forum.yourdomain.com
ghazal how will I able to set the cookies path to forum.yourdomain.com ? can you give me instruction?

thanks very much!
ACP > Configuration > General Configuration.