MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opinions on new idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-05-06, 03:05 PM)PorkoWog Wrote: [ -> ]So you guys are really suggesting I create a forum specifically for The Sims 3, rather then all Maxis games as a whole?

Hmm base it around Simulation/Tycoon Games. It would be great to see a forum like this and its looks there ain't many sites that offer this.
Hmmm... Thanks very much for your ideas guys! It is really great to see!

I am thinking of taking Tomm M's and Firestryke31's advice in starting with The Sims 3. I don't own the game, however I definitely wouldn't mind purchasing it. I will have a global Maxis name (so that when other Sim games are introduced people will know it's not only about The Sims 3), something like Sim Central or whatever, and as we grow introduce more games. There is a long list of them so I will definitely be 'in business' for quite some time.

I like your idea of basing the site around simulation/tycoon games Jag100. Maybe having a separate category to discuss other simulation/tycoon games would be the way to go? What do you think?

I really appreciate all the support and feedback guys! I am making a big guess in saying that I already have some potential members just by reading through this topic? Wink
I would suggest concentrating more on sims three thought but not isolating yourself to that..
Exactly what I had planned, thanks for your input kjaonline.
Thanks very much batateam. Wink

I think I might begin developing this idea. The Sims 3 comes out on June 5th, which gives me a little under a month to get things going. Let the work begin! Big Grin
Is anyone interested in helping out with this idea? Fans, designers, coders, etc?
Awesome i'm looking forward to it.
Giid idea, there are not many forums that offer this. However this project will take a lot of time and patience to build and you will need a decent style and something that all other forum currently don't offer.

Good luck.
(2009-05-07, 01:36 AM)PorkoWog Wrote: [ -> ]I like your idea of basing the site around simulation/tycoon games Jag100. Maybe having a separate category to discuss other simulation/tycoon games would be the way to go? What do you think?

Well I think it would be a brilliant idea and a good starting point. Eventually you could expand by providing hints and some tutorials on how to mod these games etc.

I would think this could become quite successful if the right steps are taken
(2009-05-11, 05:01 PM)Combo Wrote: [ -> ]Giid idea, there are not many forums that offer this. However this project will take a lot of time and patience to build and you will need a decent style and something that all other forum currently don't offer.

Good luck.
It will indeed. There is to be some development time so that I can get ideas written down and then go off from there. I haven't done any research regarding other forums and therefore cannot see what I can offer that they don't, but this is all part of the development process.

That is a good tip Jag100, thanks. I am keen on getting started, and if I can get a pre-release of The Sims 3, it would make things even better... Smile

I am going to begin development tonight. Getting ideas down and expanding on them is the best way to go in my opinion. I've already got a reseller hosting account so I have more then enough resources to get me started. And yes, of course I'll be using MyBB! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2