MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: overview strange characters instead of é and è
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In order to successfully edit your PHP files correctly
you must use a php editor like Dzsoft PHP Editor or anyelse software and make your changes and save it, you'll see that there is no errors at all ..
this process is recommended for editing all PHP files, not even using wordpad or Notepad++

wishes..
You can use anything you want to modify PHP files - there is no one particular program that is "recommended".

PHP/HTML should be plain, and so opening it in Wordpad will let you see any "wrong" characters if it's saved in the wrong encoding. Notepad++ can be used to convert the document. Although, it is up to the developer what tools they use...
i've opened the file with notepad++, wordpad etc... it's saved good and everything, the problem lies somewhere else.
The weird thing is that the only place where it happens is in the words from the language files in the overview plugin, not the actual thread titles in the plugin.
is the french language charset set correctly?

maybe you'll also need to set UTF-8 headers.

if you can give a link to your forum that demonstrates this problem I could check which charset these characters are actually appearing in. or you might also want to contact the author about this, he's very helpful... Smile
well, i just replaced overview with prostats and i have the same problem.
the forum is on an intranet site so i can't show Sad

the french language charset shows "UTF-8"
where can i find those headers and what do i need to do with them? Smile
and you're 100% sure you encoded the language files you made in utf-8 too?
ok i feel like a newbie, changed the encoding in notepad++ and it worked like a charm
just haven't had a problem like this before Smile

want to thank you for your fast response !
cheers
Try also using the codes like &eacute ; (without the space between e and ; )
Pages: 1 2